Re: 39/8 ?

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 14:33:54 2002

In a message written on Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 12:33:36AM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> I cant find AS4554 either and the rDNS doesnt exist in in-addr.arpa

I believe this is EP.Net LLC, a Bill Manning company.

> [whois.radb.net]
> route:         39.0.0.0/8
> descr:         Exchange Point Networks
>                PO 12317
>                Marina del Rey, CA. 90295
>                US
> origin:        AS4554
> mnt-by:        MNT-EPNET
> changed:       bmanning@karoshi.com 20020401
> source:        ARIN

Which seems to match who reserved the network. :-)

Why Bill / EP.Net is experimenting / leaking 39/8 is beyond me, but at
least from where I sit it's as legitimate as any other announcement.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org