Re: Error in assignments....?

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Tue Jun 11 15:08:23 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> Ugh, this is why ASN's exist and is why ppl have been posting about
> inconsistent BGP announcements of late
>
> If you originate the same block from 2 ASNs then you no longer have a
> single administrative area and need a 3rd ASN as per the RFC.

And if your regional registry refuses to assign an ASN you are cooked and
you will probably end up using a solution like this. I'm not saying its
good, I'm saying its bad, but unfortunately common practice.

--
Sabri Berisha
					"I route, therefore you are"

http://www.telegraaf.nl/imail/teksten/imail.lan.staat.party.megabit.html