Re: Re: Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Fri Jun 07 04:25:47 2002

Hallo Sabine,

lange nichts gehoert ...

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:51:11AM +0200, Sabine Dolderer/Denic wrote:

> > At least each IXP member would have direct connectivity to such
> > infrastructural services (DNS, NTP, WHOIS, NNTP??) and thereby their
> > customers would benefit from it.
>
> I agree that IXPs would be very gould locations as they offer network
> diversity, but there is one question still open and that is who will be the
> one running the and monitoring the server. And we at DENIC have seen in the
> last years an increasing demand in running the servics by ourself as only
> then we have the complete control and information about statistics, network
> attacks, performance ...

Keep it simple ... the IXPs (e.g. Euro-IX) could/should provide the basis.
I.e. taking care for excellent colo, sufficient connectivity, one-stop-shop
etc.

Interested parties would install the services by themselves and would be
responsible to run them. Parties could be CENTR, DE-NIC, ICANN, EUxxx and so
on.

I would like to know more about the CENTR sss iniative. Whom should I contact?

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper                                  Email:  arnold.nipper@de-cix.net
DE-CIX, The German Internet Exchange           Mobile: +49 172 2650958