Re: Updates to the root zone Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Thu Jun 06 15:08:15 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Randy Bush wrote:
> that was the fast track.  it can take months.

Months? Years more like.

.nz have been trying to update their whois information for a couple of
years (IIRC) now. From what I understand the update have been refused
since their won't sign the ICANN contracts (like 95% of the other TLDs)

NOTE: The specific change I'm thinking of is their street address (and
organisation name for that matter). I *think* a name server change *did*
go though after a lot of pushing.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved with running .nz at all nor ICANN politics
  for that matter.

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall@ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon@darkmere.gen.nz