Re: OT: Re: Bogon list

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Wed Jun 05 15:56:25 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:50:17PM +0300, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:

> ## On 2002-06-05 04:45 -0700 Randy Bush typed:
>
> RB> :0 Wh: msgid.lock
> RB> | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
>
> Randy,
>
> Are you sure that:
>
>   1) All NANOG subscribers recognize the above as a procmail rule ?

If they don't, they're probably in one.

>   2) That all NANOG subscribers read list E-mail on machines that have
>  procmail on them ?

This is still (for some definition of still) a technical list, mainly
composed of network engineers (you know, the people who don't buy clothes
because their entire wardrobe is paid for by vendors, and who have a
statistically high chance of being fat, bald, bearded, and/or spotted at a
NANOG bar), and other people involved in "operating the internet".

As such, the posters are expected to have a certain level of common sense,
for example:
  * Knowing what procmail is and how to use it
  * Not posting in HTML
  * Not posting "where can I get a T1 in BF Egypt"
  * Not posting "everyone on the internet is down but me!"
etc.

Not to be mean to anyone, but if you're expecting something else, you
should probably look at one of the isp-* lists.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras