Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

  • From: John L Crain
  • Date: Wed Jun 05 14:15:46 2002

Very welcome,

Thanks for this Dani it gives everyone much more breathing space.

I think this a fantastic effort on behalf of the NCC, the folks at eu.net and anyone else involved, they should all be applauded for it.

A few logistical questions that may be relevant to those affected.

Is there a projected time when this service may be discontinued?
I can imagine that the RIPE NCC doesn't want to indefinitely run secondary for end sites?

If not:

This is in the same AS as ns.ripe.net. Is it also physically on the same infrastructure?

What I guess I'm asking is: To what extent do those using both ns.ripe.net and ns.eu.net have redundancy between the two servers?

JC