Re: Bogon list

  • From: Sean M. Doran
  • Date: Tue Jun 04 20:44:07 2002

| Tweaking our Looking Glass software by itself would not fix the problem
| (ours doesn't have this problem anyway). To fix the problem everyone
| would have to tweak their Looking Glass software since the problem can
| be seen when someone traceroutes from a peer or 3rd party's Looking
| Glass into our customer (in the event they weren't receiving the IXP
| blocks from us).

You sort-of want to convince nth parties to launch their traceroutes
_from_ your looking glass, rather than from random places.

Targeting people who look up in-addr.arpa mappings, you could
always emit pointers to would-be tracerouters -- get yer real
data at http://...

Points to the person who first puts such a thing into the DNS.

| One better might be to have the Looking Glass participating routers
| manipulate their source IP address for pings and traceroutes.

Yes, this is a good idea.

	Sean.