OT: Saturday Site Seeing

  • From: K. Graham
  • Date: Sun Jun 02 18:39:08 2002

Here is an invite to anyone that will be here this Saturday June 8th.
Weather permitting, I am willing to be a tour guide in downtown Toronto.

I was thinking a ride up the CN tower to the very top observation tower
called "SkyPod".  It is the worlds highest observation tower standing at
1,465ft.   There is also a lower observation "Glass Floor" which can make you
a bit dizzy.    The CN tower over looks the SkyDome and the ACC Center.  The
website and cost are below.

http://www.cntower.ca/
Look Out + Glass Floor + Skypod (Taxes extra)  $22.49 (CDN)

To add to the day a walk along the Toronto Waterfront.  Harbourfront is on
the Central portion of the Martin Goodman Trail.  This is a trail that
stretches from one end of the city to the other.  At it's westend it joins up
with pathways into Mississauga and Oakville and on towards Hamilton.
Eventually creating a park around the lakefront.   Harbourfront is a bustling
area with many shops, art galleries, outdoor venues, and a spectuclar view of
the inner harbour.    We had the Tall Ships moored there in the past.

http://www.ryerson.ca/vtoronto/wwwsite/themes/cultrec/html/harbour.htm
http://www.harbourfront.on.ca/

If time permits and if everyone would like a ferry ride to the island to put
their feet into the sandy beach that can also be added into the day.

I have a Neon so could probably put 3 - 4 others into it.  As well as anyone
else that would like to drive down.   Contact me off-line if you would like
to go.

Kim