Re: Links between cabinets at commercial datacentre

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Apr 17 21:40:04 2002

> > there's no answer to the question, as posed.  "can you be more specific?"
>
> I think the poster was inquiring as to common practice.

Yes, but there isn't going to be a common practice for "data centers" as
a whole.  There's going to be a common practice for telco/fiber hotels,
and a common practice for hosting centers, and a common practice for
exchange points, and a common practice for shell&core, and so on.  Each
kind of data center drives toward its own common practice, and asking about
common practices for "data centers" is therefore a nonquestion.