limiting # of prefixes from a BGP peer (Was: Re: genuity - any good?)

  • From: Rafi Sadowsky
  • Date: Sat Apr 13 10:20:49 2002

## On 2002-04-12 17:27 -0700 Mark Kent typed:

MK> To address Sean's point about mistakes turning one /16 into a zillion
MK> entries, is there any way to allow only some specified maximum number
MK> of routes from a bgp neighbor?  I know that I'ld be happy if my
MK> upstreams gave me a buffer of, say, 10 entries above my typical number
MK> of aggregates.
MK>
MK> -mark

 For Cisco IOS just add this under the "router bgp" section

---
neighbor <IP address> maximum-prefix <nnnn>
---

 Exceeding the maximum prefix number will shutdown the BGP session until a
manual clear

Enjoy
        Rafi
--
Rafi Sadowsky                                   rafi@oumail.openu.ac.il
Network/System/Security  VoiceMail: +972-3-646-0592   FAX: +972-3-649-8629