Re: How to get better security people

  • From: Avleen Vig
  • Date: Wed Apr 03 12:24:33 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, batz wrote:

> Personally, I would like to see a mixture of the MAPS RBL and
> aris.securityfocus.com available, where emerging hostile netblocks
> can be blackholed for short periods of time using attack information
> gathered from and coroborated by a vast array of diverse sources.

Have a look at SAFE (url in sig).
We detect smurf amplifiers and I'm currently looking at ways to export
data to companies regarding large smurf amplifiers (>x250 amplification)
who refuse to close after X number of warnings.

I expect it will run on a free, but subscribed + authenticated basis (ie,
a company subscribes and gives the IP's of their DNs servers and those
servers are authorized to do lookups, but script kiddies cannot).

--
Avleen Vig
Work Time: Unix Systems Administrator