Re: Help with bad announcement from UUnet

  • From: batz
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 12:02:05 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

:Why should they talk to you? You're not a paying customer..

Because their network transits _most_ internet traffic and
as a courtesy, they should provide some bare level of
diagnostic services to the rest of the network.

Maybe this has changed, but last I checked UUNet was practically
ideologically opposed to providing a public looking glass inside
701 or 703.

So many problems could be solved that way, IMHO. All providers
that originate a certain percentage of all prefixes should be obligated
to provide a public looking glass.

This always made me really mad that the rest of the Internet had to
rely on the charity of a few provders for basic diagnostic tools.
However, this could very well have changed if there was a public
lg in uunet.

--
batz