Re: Exodus/C&W Depeering

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Tue Mar 26 13:10:06 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:47:57PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Since Exodus is mostly a webhoster, do they have an asymetric traffic
> flow.  Isn't bulk of the bandwidth is outbound from Exodus.  Won't this
> just increase the distance and AS count for Exodus outbound traffic,
> making Exodus hosting even less desirable?

I don't think Exodus hosting can get any less desirable at this point.

On the other hand, this could help balance traffic ratios, and make more
people qualify for peering with CW. Well probably not, considering their
requirements include winners like this:

    A. The applicant shall consistently announce at least 5000 routes to
    AS3561 (way to encourage aggregation guys, no really, good job)

With luck it will throw their peering ratios out of balance and get THEM
depeered by someone. Oh well, I guess there is a reason the entire
industry calls them Clueless & Witless. :)

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras