Re: PacBell Security/Abuse contact

  • From: Daniel M. Spielman
  • Date: Mon Mar 25 14:20:42 2002

At 11:11 PM 3/24/2002 -0800, you wrote:

        Anyone have a telephone number that can reach a live person
within Pacific Bell's Security/Abuse department? PacBell's technical
support is completely inept with trying to help their customers when
under any form of network attack other than passing you to a toll-free
number which informs you to send email to an address that goes without
answer.

        Respectfully,
        Jeremy T. Bouse
        UnderGrid Network Services
I've had a similar experience with their tech team. I was being dos'd from a college in Chicago so I contacted them to have it filtered out and they had no idea what I meant. They suggested I email the Admin at the college to get it resolved. I started screaming at them how am i going to email someone when I am being attacked. Then they transferred me to their supervisor who was even more inept then they were. Frankly i gave up and just waited out the dos attack which lasted 2 1/2 days.