long distance gigabit ethernet

  • From: Greg Pendergrass
  • Date: Fri Mar 22 10:39:08 2002

I'm looking at long-haul gigabit ethernet as a possible solution versus
traditional SONET and I'm a little bit wary as promises made on web pages
and white papers aren't *always* completely accurate.  I'd appreciate it if
you all would share your experiences with it. By long-haul I mean in the
hundreds or thousands of miles. I need to know:

a. Does it work properly?

b. Who offers it in the continental US?

Please contact me off-list. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Pendergrass