Re: The view from the other side of the fence

  • From: Jake Khuon
  • Date: Wed Mar 13 06:31:31 2002
  • Action:
  • Dcc:
  • Expires:

### On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:51:46 -0500 (EST), Sean Donelan
### <sean@donelan.com> casually decided to expound upon Scott Madley
### <scott@xgcic.net> the following thoughts about "Re: The view from the
### other side of the fence":

SD> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Scott Madley wrote:
SD> > Let's face it as the industry moves towards a more converged state, we
SD> > haven't even really begun to consider the security implications that
SD> > present themselves in this new enviroment.
SD>
SD> With convergence, do you think we will get the best security practices
SD> from both worlds, or the worst?

My off-the-cuff prediction is, as with any convergence process, it will be
first the latter and then the former... but then again, I'm a cynic.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |