ep.net status?

  • From: Chris Parker
  • Date: Thu Feb 28 15:43:44 2002

Anyone know what's going on with ep.net? It's been unresolvable since
at least yesterday.

PAIX, SIX and several other exchanges point to ep.net to register for
an IP assignment at the exchange.

The two authoritive servers, flag.ep.net (198.32.4.13) dot.ep.net (198.32.2.10) are not working by my testing (from own network as well as looking glasses).

I cannot even reach flag, and dot doesn't know about ep.net.

$ dig @198.32.2.10 ep.net soa

; <<>> DiG 8.1 <<>> @198.32.2.10 ep.net soa
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 10
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;; ep.net, type = SOA, class = IN

$ dig @198.32.4.13 ep.net soa

; <<>> DiG 8.1 <<>> @198.32.4.13 ep.net soa
; (1 server found)
;; res_send to server 198.32.4.13: Connection timed out

Any insight or answer on how to register for IPs at an exchange ( since
the exchange operators are just as stumped ) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chris
--
\\\|||/// \ StarNet Inc. \ Chris Parker
\ ~ ~ / \ WX *is* Wireless! \ Director, Engineering
\ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net