Re: Cisco DS3 Questions..

  • From: Barton F Bruce
  • Date: Thu Feb 21 19:20:57 2002

If you are running frame-relay now, unless you have an asymmetrical
configuration (which cisco CAN do) where one end is configured to look
like a f/r switch, you probably have your carrier's f/r switch in the
middle.

Whoever configured it that way in the router did it because that is the
king of circuit that was ordered.

It may well be that there was a much better price especially if there
was a lot of mileage and the cir was set low.

f/r can look good sometimes.

If it is a real point to point t3, don't use f/r