Re: SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users"

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Feb 01 09:08:10 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:55:06 PST, Chris Adams <chris@improbable.org>  said:

> proxies and some browsers can easily spoof user-agents but there's no
> reason other than NAT or proxying to explain automatically downloading
> both the NT and XP patch lists.

Hmm.. Odd.. I've seen machines that dual-boot NT and XP and not using either
NAT or proxying - I'd assume they'd at one point or another try to download
the NT and XP patch lists.

Hell.  I've got a machine that has been known to be simultaneously downloading
both the AIX and RedHat patch lists.  And it wasn't doing NAT or proxying. ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer