Re: your mail

  • From: Andy Walden
  • Date: Thu Jan 31 11:37:55 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Jim Shankland wrote:

> opener, etc. will all be IP-addressable.  I'll be damned if I'll spend
> an extra $5/month for my refrigerator to surf the web, and I'll bet I'm
> not alone :-).

Without rehashing the Slashdot discussion, no, I really don't think you
are, and with the large market for home networking and steps people
are taking toward security with NAT routers and pesonal firewalls, I
think it would be an uphill battle to enforce a policy such as this. I
guess we will see how it shakes out.

andy

--
PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp