Re: Anyone here from Microsoft? Hacked?

  • From: Simon Higgs
  • Date: Fri Jan 25 17:01:01 2002

At 12:11 PM 1/24/02 -0800, davidu@everydns.net wrote:

> Simon Higgs wrote:
>
> ICANN's new root zone works in exactly the same way:
>
> http://www.icann.org&search=tld&type=all@3349551349/tech/rootzone/db.root

I'm not sure if you're lacking clue() or are trying to be funny but there's
no reason to trick people into using the non-ICANN approved osrc zone file
on accident.
Yes, you're right. I'm sorry, I was just trying to be funny. I had a clue() once but the wheels fell off.

Personally I use their root zone but I woudln't ever coerce someone else
into doing it.
Coerce? Never! You must be thinking of the IAB (RFC 2826), ICANN (ICP-3) and the BIND authors (ever seen a BCP32-example root zone in the distribution)?

I sincerely apologize for confusing anyone into thinking that the above root zone is representative of ICANN. The sum of ICANN, its many millions of dollars in "fees", its support groups, therapists, committees, and membership can be found here (please compare this file with the above ORSC "open-source" version):

ftp://rs.internic.net/domain/root.zone.gz

Best Regards,

Simon

--
"You can't vote on facts"