Looking glasses with programmatic interface?

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Wed Jan 23 04:27:42 2002

I'm surprised to see that every looking glass I know is only reachable via an
interface made for humans, not for programs. When you want to query the LG via
 a program (for instance to monitor your routes on a distant LG), you need to
emulate an human being and parse HTML (or sometimes Cisco text) replies.

Does anyone operate looking glasses with an interface made for programs such
as XML-RPC <URL:http://www.xml-rpc.org/>, SOAP <URL:http://www.soapware.org/>,
Java RMI, Corba (no, I'm joking) or Microsoft COM (joking again)?

What do you think of a standard XML-RPC API for looking glasses?