Re: Persistent BGP peer flapping - do you care?

  • From: Jake Khuon
  • Date: Fri Jan 18 21:51:27 2002
  • Action:
  • Dcc:
  • Expires:

### On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:39:10 -0500, Susan Hares <skh@nexthop.com>
### casually decided to expound upon Vijay Gill <vijay@umbc.edu> the
### following thoughts about "Re: Persistent BGP peer flapping - do you
### care? ":

SH> What else causes repeative peer bounces other than the broken prefix?

Well... I remember when bad capability negotiation messages would cause the
session to drop.  Although this is before any update messages were sent.
However it still caused repeating session bouncing.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |