RE: Blocking Internet Gaming

  • From: James
  • Date: Sun Jan 06 21:56:51 2002

It would make me nervous too.  Plus, I hate when things stop working
because then people call me and I have to talk to them :)

But if a brand new packet is outbound to 29760, you know it is probably
going to a Half Life server (I think that's the port).  So wouldn't it
be wise to deny that?  Specifically it would be UDP 29760, not TCP.
Doesn't FTP use TCP when negotiating a connection?

- James