Re: a question about the economics of peering

  • From: BrandonButterworth
  • Date: Fri Nov 30 13:12:57 2001

> BTW, public IXen in Europe don't tend to be congested.  Whether this is
> the result of better management, or of lower traffic volumes

Possibly, they also tend to be member owned so people have a stake in
making them work whereas a commercial IX may have other priorities

We have virtually zero visibility into what's going on inside
commercial IX compared to the data we see in member organisations -
it's hard to hide stuff from the members

Doesn't mean commercial is bad though

brandon