Re: 132.0.0.0/10 not in the databases

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Tue Nov 27 12:07:58 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 06:56:40PM +0200, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:
>  Says who ? - maybe you didn't check the right one ?

Perhaps I should restate my complaint a bit.  I think all three
of these stand on their own.

* If sub-bits of an allocation are in the ARIN database,
  I think the supernet should be in the ARIN database.

* ARIN seems to have a good many, if not all of the .MIL
  supernets, but doesn't have this one.

* Having .MIL say they have address space is not proof
  that they own the whole block, anymore than www.ufp.org saying
  I now own 20 class A's is proof that they are mine.

In any event, I'd just like network lookups to work in some sane
way, so when operators need to check something they can get accurate
results.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org