RE: Qwest reporting widespread DSL outages

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu Nov 22 22:28:27 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu]On Behalf Of
Sean Donelan
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 8:26 PM
To: Joe St Sauver
Cc: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Re: Qwest reporting widespread DSL outages

[deleted text]

According to http://stat.qwest.net/ Qwest and TouchAmerica have 100%
uptime for the last 90 days.

----

This is hardly surprising, most URLs that are used in SLA requirements are
very generous in what they consider network availability.

stat.qwest.net may only report DIA or "core" outages. I have seen plenty of
SLAs that exclude certain "types" of connections without specifying how the
determination of type is made.

Its a very cool site though. It feels a little "soft" technically.

Deepak Jain
AiNET

Disclaimer: I'm full of turkey, that we can be sure of.