RE: Photo Op: You too can have your picture taken with a.root-servers.net

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Nov 14 15:47:23 2001

These is something singularly unnerving about the following statement:

"What cheers us about this kind of visit is the fact that the kind of
security measures we have in place are getting better and better known,"
VeriSign Director of Public Policy Michael Aisenberg told Newsbytes.

Not "the kind of security measures we have in place increasingly assure our
customers of integrity..." but advertising your security measures for their
own sake can only have negative security ramifications.

Deepak Jain
AiNET