Re: DNS Host Handles/Registrations

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Mon Nov 12 21:17:29 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 09:44:22PM +0100, Peter van Dijk wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:41:20PM -0800, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> [snip]
> > More complex examples exist, but not aren't often encountered. :)
>
> Try registering nameservers that don't end in com/net/org. It's fun.

"Dear Opensrs support.  Please bless ns.blah.cc w.x.y.z as a valid nameserver
in the gTLD registry".

'course it only works for opensrs resellers, but I would be surprised
if other registrars didn't have a similar method.

--
John Payne      http://sackheads.org/jpayne/    john@sackheads.org
http://sackheads.org/uce/                     Fax: +44 870 0547954