Network operation security forums

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Nov 12 02:19:42 2001

With the ICANN meeting opening this week, and the unusual focus
on network security, I assume most network operators have been
deluged with Internet security questions from all sources.

The public discussions I know about have focused on "popular"
subjects such as root servers, ddos, viruses.  While interesting,
and challanging topics, are they really the biggest security
problems facing Internet operators?  I don't think so.  But
that's just my opinion.

Where are Internet operators discussing the common risks they
all have?

What are the biggest security risks Internet operaters need to
manage?

I'm concerned about route integrity, multi-provider facility risks,
and multi-provider restoration deadlock.  Why do I worry about them,
because they are risks no single provider can manage alone.