Re: wireless traffic

  • From: Rodney Thayer
  • Date: Sun Nov 11 12:41:45 2001

but the AUI header was assigned back when it was aironet.

3com, as it exists now, is in fact an old terminal server company
called Bridge, which mutated into a router company, which got bought
by this silly little pc ethernet card vendor called 3Com, etc.etc.etc.

At 12:11 AM 11/10/2001 -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
>lucent and aironet (later cisco) never made wired cards so
>I wouldn't expect that.  also, I think that the non-ieee lists
>tend to have more/better data on prefixs.  I bet snort or etherpeek
>or ethereal or sniffer or someone like that has a decent aui list.

they might never have made cards you could plug into your pc or mac,
per se, but cisco at least has made quite a name for itself by
manufacturing a large pile of *other* networking equipment.  a fair
amount of which uses the same addressing style.