Re: 214/8 and 215/8

  • From: Sean M. Doran
  • Date: Thu Nov 01 10:44:38 2001

| The full RFC2050 justification for a /7's worth of space would
| be a mighty and wondrous thing to behold.

Indeed, and since 2050 predates the allocation date listed
at http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
by a year and a half, I hope such a full justification exists
for what otherwise would be a rather creepy land-grab.

Maybe someone who does FOIAs regularly could start on one,
since nobody seems to have jumped up to justify the two /8s?

	Sean. (studiously avoiding the issue of the IANA institutionalization
	       process underway now, which presumably will have a practical
	       bearing on such matters...)