Re: MPLS VPNs or not?

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Tue Aug 07 23:45:15 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:29:02PM -0400, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 06:25:50PM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
> >
> > The point is very simple - virtual circuit routing does not scale.  That
> > was beaten to death in ATM vs IP discussions years ago.
>
> What does this have to do with VC routing?! And tunnels are probably closer
> to VC routing than 2547(bis) style VPNs.  What is your point?

Or, to put it differently.. there are a handful of fundamental assertions of
your paper that I very much disagree with and consider flawed.  The discussion
of resource reservation is one of them.  The sheer blanket statement mentality
of your doc is inappropriate, IMHO, and doesn't do the problem space justice.

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck@arch.bellsouth.net> -wk, <ck@gnu.org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.