Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 16:50:33 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Ariel Biener wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> > paranoia on people sniffing tho!
> Hmmm, how about I inject an arp entry into your workstation, and redirect
> your traffic to where I want ?

Hmmm, how about I lockdown all MAC addresses on switch ports and configure
port IP filters and set the switch so filter violations automatically
disable your port?

Then when you try this arp spoofing nonsense, your link goes down and I'll
get paged so I can permanently correct your workstation with a
sledgehammer.

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]