Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

  • From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 11:27:05 2001

	Hello All ,  Thank you for the disertations & insight into the
	possible methods of compromising an authentication attempt .

	But , I am really interested more in 'Why' each responsible
	indidvual(s) chose either telnet or ssh to manager their Core
	equipment .

	ssh
	1 )	Has been the encrypted authentication .

	telnet
	1 )	Has been legacy OS's / Equipment olny supporting telnet .

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> 	Hello All ,  I have charged myself with trying to find a statistic
> 	on how many individuals responsible for IP core equipment
> 	recommend telnet or ssh & why particularly .  I will summarize .

		Tia ,  JimL
       | James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer |     P.O. Box 854     |  Give me Linux  |
       | babydr@baby-dragons.com | Coudersport PA 16915 |   only  on  AXP |