A call to sanity/action on responding to Code Red.

  • From: Erik Antelman
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 10:55:27 2001

according to a "pundit"
(http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010730.html)
"officials" determined that sending E-Mails to sysadmins of infected domains
would be
unacceptable.

WHAT!? - This is crazy, I learned of our server being infected by a admin in
Oregon
and I was grateful, who wouldn't be? Those that would be upset can live with
the
abuse as long as they don't fix there machines.

A central authority notifying infected hosts would be far more beneficial
than wasting bandwidth
on redundant notifications, until such an authority stands up keep those
notifications going
out to people with infected machines.

for(;;); /* eantelman@acm.org */