North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: Hard data on network impact of the "Code Red" worm?
- From: Larry Sheldon
- Date: Mon Jul 30 23:44:09 2001
> On Mon, 30 July 2001, k claffy wrote:
> > so, 1 aug midnite GMT (tomorrow 17:00 in california),
> > codered goes back into 'spread' mode.
> > within a few hours, we'll have 100,000-300,000
> > globally infected machines again.
NTBUGTRAQ is carrying informatiion that says that is not right.
They say that currently extant copies of the thing will sleep forever,
or until the host is re-booted--at which time the thing ceases to exist.
The hazard tomorrow is the introduction of new copies of the thing.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characteristics -
. email@example.com of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .