Re: product liability (was 'we should all be uncomfortable with theextent to which luck..')

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sat Jul 28 18:22:33 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 LBolton@geiger.com wrote:

> You could make the argument that Microsoft should have designed more
> security into their products to prevent security breaches of this nature,
> but you could also argue that Firestone should make their tires out of
> kevlar to prevent people from slashing them.

In Microsoft's case, I think they could take better measures to ensure
that their software and NOSen are less vulnerable, but they don't, and
that's why my network no longer has any NT servers on it.

Microsoft can't predict and prevent 100% of all attacks, but they can take
more steps to help prevent some of the attacks.

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO - sjsobol@JustThe.net

Donate a portion of your monthly ISP bill to your favorite charity or
non-profit organization! E-mail me for details.