North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Call For Papers: Peer To Peer in Higher Education Conference
- From: Chris Rapier
- Date: Wed Jul 25 11:10:16 2001
I'm on the program committe for the Collaberative Computing in Higher
Education conference on peer to peer technologies. This conference will
immediately follow the Internet 2 Meeting this October in Austin Texas
and is open to the public. At this point we are looking for paper and/or
presentations on research and development be it in academia or corporate
environments. The deadline for submission of an *abstract* is Friday,
August 10. If your abstract is accepted you'll have plenty of time to
prepare a final paper or presentation for the meeting.
If you have any questions please contact me or the two committee chairs
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
National Center for Network Engineering
Collaborative Computing in Higher Education: Peer-to-Peer and Beyond
Renaissance Austin Hotel, Austin, Texas.
October 4, 11:30 am-5:00 pm
October 5, 8:00 am-3:00 pm
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS/PAPERS
The Workshop Program Committee is now accepting proposals for
presentations and papers. The deadline for submission is August 10,
Areas of focus for presentations/papers:
- advantages of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and distributed computing models for
* teaching and learning
* research and science
* collaboration and business models
- architectural/infrastructure issues
- technnical issues and challenges in p2p applications: security,
network performance, NATS and firewalls, standards, etc.
- ipv6, end-to-end performance and p2p applications
- exploration of potential collaborations between universities
and P2P application developers: how can universities integrate and
perhaps even innovate?
- Policy and implications when P2P applications are used in real
- Bandwidth issues and maximizing both commodity and Internet2
How to Present
We ask that the following be sent to both of the program chairs: Ana
Preston <email@example.com> and Linda Roos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- speaker/presenter name and affiliation,
- email address and phone number,
- the desired area of focus,
- an abstract of no more than 200 words, and
- permission to reproduce your presentation, including permission to
netcast your session if it's selected for the program and for
Submission deadline August 10, 2001
Notification by August 31, 2001.
The Program Committee also welcomes suggestions/recommendations for
panels, tutorials, speakers, and other presentation topics.
Please note that this workshop requires separate registration from the
Internet2 Member Meeting.
Please send your suggestions and direct your questions to Ana Preston
<email@example.com> and Linda Roos <firstname.lastname@example.org> .