Re: Clarification: List of AS names by ASN?

  • From: George Michaelson
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 18:57:22 2001

"We live to serve" might be the RIR motto (it should be) but it should
be borne in mind: Whois is a centralized service, it has scaling limits
and grazers which walk the space are almost certainly going to be presumed
to be SPAM robots and ultimately rejected.

I think there are many operational and policy issues in respect of whois data,
and how its used. Can I suggest that we should talk about this kind of thing
as much as "just do it"

cheers
	-George
--