Re: NSI NIC handles

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 12:50:49 2001

At 12:36 PM 7/23/01, kai@pac-rim.net wrote:

Given that most everyone here has registered NIC handles with Network
Solutions, some with probably more than 100 network and domain objects
associated with a handle: how exactly do your updates to those NIC
handles measure up with plain NSI domain updates?

Has the process of updating them at NSI gone into "manual mode" -
meaning that it now takes days, even weeks to complete the updates?
It appears nearly impossible to update certain data at NSI (NIC handle data being among those). Just heard NSI is complaining about the rate at which people are transferring domains away. Duh, go figure... I get updates of all sorts done to data within a few hours with the registrar I use, and could spend a week pleading with NSI, or being asked to pay a bribe^H^H^Hfee to get them to fix data. Funny, who would YOU choose?
Daniel Senie dts@senie.com
Amaranth Networks Inc. http://www.amaranth.com