Re: Code Red

  • From: Dave Stewart
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 23:37:23 2001

At 11:12 PM 7/19/2001, lucifer@lightbearer.com wrote:
Reports from our monitoring systems saw the CPU usage jump by somewhere
between 150-200% for our core routers today; our current theory is that
Web servers that were hit beginning this morning at 11:26:41 EDT have not seen another attempt since 19:49:53.

I'm wondering if this because it was coming up on 00:00:00 GMT 20-July-2001.

According to the PC-Cillin write up, the 100-thread scan only takes place if the system date is less than 20, but if it's 20-28, it launches it's DOS attack at www1.whitehouse.gov

Does anybody really know yet what payloads this thing is carrying?