Cogent Reviews?

  • From: David E. Weekly
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 20:03:05 2001

Hi, all. I'm looking to start a non-profit community colocation facility in
Silicon Valley, and it seemed to me that Cogent Communications had the best
deal on getting a big chunk of bandwidth ($1000/months for 100mbps).

Are there comparable deals out there, or is Cogent the only one at this
price point? Do they have good peering? What kind of latency/throughput does
one get over their network? Do they have any customers? Any of you use
Cogent?

Thanks *so* much for any of your input; we're hoping to keep costs way down,
any input on this would be much appreciated.

Yours,
 -david