Re: X-10 and like behaviour.

  • From: Matt Wilbur
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 17:35:17 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, George Michaelson wrote:

> Its probably not a big deal, and if selling bits on the wire makes money
> "the more the merrier" might be a catch-cry but I wondered if there was
> a NANOG dimension to these bloody irritating X-10 popups that curse me
> more and more.
>
> Is there some well understood non-edge solution to this kind of crap
> or do we all wind up rolling our own?

This isn't quite the universal solution you're looking for, but my
method is to load an x10.com zone on our nameservers, with a wildcard
A record pointing to loopback.  Stops all x10 ads dead.  IANAI however,
so it's not nearly the headache it would be were a major ISP/NSP to choose
this method :)

-Matt