Re: Code Red -> Router Memory depletion?

  • From: Mike Lewinski
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 17:01:25 2001

Almost a year ago I started graphing memory utilization on our core
routers. The resulting graphs were so boring to look at (flatlined) that
I forgot about them until today...

A sample 3640 running OSPF but no BGP:
http://www.rockynet.com/memory/

The general trends on the above graph look pretty similar at our borders
also. Graphs that have been flatlined for the last 11 months are
suddenly getting interesting.

Mike