Apparent widespread Worldcom ATM failure

  • From: George William Herbert
  • Date: Wed Jul 18 16:48:14 2001

My home/consulting business ISP and my current work
ISP's connectivity have been bit by what appears on first
examination to be a Worldcom ATM failure starting about
2 hours ago (12:45 PST or so).  It appears to be affecting
stuff as widely spread as both west and east coast and
connecting circuits.

As I am not a direct customer I have no standing to
ask them directly what went bang, so take this diagnosis
with a grain of salt.

-george william herbert
gherbert@retro.com