Utilization of the redundant ring in SONET

  • From: srihari varada
  • Date: Tue Jul 17 17:09:17 2001

Hello:

I would like to know how typical it is to have the redundant ring in SONET used for the transport of data while still providing protection switching features. Also, could any one give me insight into a few
vendors that does it. I would appreciate, if some one could provide input on the above.

Regards,

Srihari Varada