IRC/RELAY -0- the saga goes on [was Re: DDoS attacks]

  • From: Alan Clegg
  • Date: Thu Jul 12 10:27:27 2001

Issues surrounding IRC go back to the days when we invented it (anyone here
remember the RELAY network on BITNET?).  For some good reading, check out:

	http://web.inter.nl.net/users/fred/relay/relhis.html

And read the section labeled "The Growing Pains" where we ran into problems
when we had 30 (thirty) people connected.

AlanC {been there, done that, have the NETCON tee-shirt}