Re: High speed access

  • From: Tom Lettington
  • Date: Fri Jul 06 13:46:33 2001

Unless you are using one of the SOHO access point units (my sample sample space=2) in which case, the performance falls off rapidly when interior or exterior walls are in the way!

At 12:51 PM 7/6/2001 -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:53:19AM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> symetric 11 Mbps sounds...goofy.  especially if based on 802.11b,
> which utilizes a broadcast mechanism.  besides, i've yet to meet
> *anyone* who got past about 2/3 of the theoretical "bandwidth" of
> 802.11b.  imho, it's the spinal tap of the networking era (it "goes to
> 11", but is actually just a rumor and sort of made up).

I believe you will find 802.11b performs about as well, on average,
as 10 meg shared ethernet.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440