Re: Akamai Servers: Normal or Weird?

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Fri Jun 29 18:20:36 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Chris Rapier wrote:
> Is something funny happening with them lately or is it normal to see
> 45Mbps of UDP traffic between akamai servers (45Mps peak, average for
> the past 24 hours is around 15Mbps. Prior to that it wasn't enough to
> show up in our graphs). More information: Our akamai farm is the one
> recieving all of the data - its coming into our various akamai hosts on
> port 1455.

Our Akimai's are doing a bit of traffic in the last 6 hours as well, the
overnight shift noticed and logged it. I've attached a mrtg graph that is
showing the whole thing (green to our farm, blue is from).

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall@ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon@darkmere.gen.nz